Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A Note From Motivation

I'm having problems finding my motivational mojo.

I'm  a little unclear precisely where the darn thing went.  There were actually signs of it hanging around over the last three weeks - yet strangely, it seems to have traveled to somewhere I can't quite locate.  Interestingly, it did leave me note last Sunday (about the time it seems to have disappeared)

"Dear Mr. TB:

This is a note to let you know that I'll be taking a few days off.  Simply put, I need a mental health day or three.  I won't be checking voice mail or e-mail.  Please see Imagination or Hope for any critical issues.

Thanks,  Motivation"

I checked in with Imagination and Hope. No luck there.  Imagination was off somewhere maundering about the actual facts of my life versus what it wanted, and Hope simply had a sign on the door saying "End of pay period - please do not disturb".

The last conversation I had with Motivation was around Saturday or so, when we finished making cheese.  He was remarkably quiet that day, responding in monosyllables to my excitement about how the cheese was turning out.  The one sentence I recall was when I made a comment about the next kind of cheese we could make - his response was short "Cheese?  With the complete sameness of your life, all you can talk about is cheese?"

The note followed the day later.

I keep hoping he comes back - but even if he does, what will I say to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!