Monday, April 05, 2010

Charting a New Course

I've had a delightful time with my parents being here this weekend - although it's been an interesting period of introspection for me.

I'm a man trapped in two places: New Home and Old Home. I find that both of them are holding attractions for me, in different ways: New Home in the fact of what opportunities it has afforded Na Clann, Old Home in the fact that my heart lies in the Ranch.

But in either event, I've come to realize that the possibilities that exist in either - or both - locations are not going to happen unless I make them happen. Doing what I've continued to do will not get me any closer to any of the things that I would like to accomplish. In other words, I've got to work on changing things.

And things within me. I've realized that I'm working for people that are more educated than I, but not smarter. The learning can be had.

My contractual obligations are coming up on their conclusions, and my ability to chart a new course in my career will become open.

The date cannot find me unready to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!