Friday, June 02, 2023

2023 Gardening: A's Garden Update

 You may remember that earlier this Spring, I tried an experiment by planting a smaller space in front of our house.  I called A's Garden in hopes it would attract birds:


Almost two month in, we have progress!



The fact that the one side has grown much more than the other is surprising to me.  I am not sure if this is due to seed distribution, watering, or sunlight.

And, we even got some flowers!



I am so used to such things not working in my favor that I am genuinely surprised when they do.


6 comments:

  1. Nylon123:07 AM

    Nature finds a way TB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No-one is ever more surprised than I when something works, Nylon12.

      Delete
  2. Many times, I just never do know what I did to make things turn out differently. I just accept and move on hoping that eventually I will get a lesson learned through my thick skull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, I do not wonder that one thing that made things "work" this time is the fact that these are native wildflowers and so adapted to the climate. I need to find a way to double down on this.

      Delete
  3. It never hurts to experiment because nature is ceaselessly amazing. It is such a joy to see things grow, and a mystery when they don't. Or when they show up a year or two later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, I will be interested to see what happens next year if I just allow these to go to seed.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!