Sunday, March 05, 2023

Snowfall - A Final Thought

Thank you for putting up with a week of snow.

As a writer, sometimes I struggle with what I am going to put up for the next day - yes, I know:  this is a self-imposed problem as no-one requires that I post something every day but myself.  But I find the exercise to be a good one for at least enforcing consistency in effort if nothing else (and, maybe, I am getting a bit better at actually being able to write).

But there are times - like with snow - that suddenly the subject presents itself and all I have to do is write.

As a follow-on, after I departed The Ranch there was a day of rain, then another three days of heavy snow.  The snow continued; maxing out at about 2'.  Power has been out since last Tuesday (and not expected to be restored until this coming Tuesday; Uisdean Ruadh and his mother have sought warmer climes until the return of power.

The video below was shot just before I left on Saturday.  The change in the surroundings after the snowfall had ended - from complete silence to melting and slipping of snow off trees - was noticeable.


I continually am amazed how - in every season, The Ranch has its own beauty.

4 comments:

  1. Nylon127:07 AM

    Naw, haven't minded the white stuff at all TB, good to see a less urban scene with winter's dandruff......... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nylon12. Certainly they are fun pictures to share - and lots of material for reflection.

      Delete
  2. Do you winterize your pipes between visits or leave some sort of supplementary heat on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, the outdoor pipes (faucets) are wrapped. I leave the heat on at low (40 F) when I am away in the Winter, which works as long as the power is on. The Outdoorsman went by on Friday to take a look and no evidence of leaks. I can see by our remote camera the power is back on this morning. so hopefully there will be no more power outages. The house is also pretty heavily insulated - my biggest fear at this point is the roof, but not much I can do from here.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!