Sunday, December 09, 2018

The Barricades



I love Les Miserables.

I love the story. I love the music (a great deal of it is in my singing range).  I love the themes and the messages.

And who would not?  Redemption, protest, sacrifice, nobility, a glorious struggle against wrong.  All within a three hour period.

Actual revolution, thought looks a bit different:


This is potential revolution, in reality.

It is not clean like the musical.  People are not nicely dressed - nor are we, as the audience, in our climate controlled atmosphere and comfortable clothes.  The air is full of smoke and shouts and gas.
And people really get hurt and bleed - not just the theatrical kind that makes us sigh and weep.

We have become so removed from much of the world around us that we can view such things and never think about what such things (which are still going on) actually look like in real life:  the injuries that maim, the deaths that take forever (instead of conveniently falling over after the first hit), the starvation of depressed economies.

I wonder the next time most people go to see such entertainment, can they go and see it ever the same again?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think this will be the end of it. More is on the way. People think that leftists and globalists respect us and the law - and I think they are going to learn differently in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I agree with you Glen. People have forgotten what the face of tyranny looks like. We think it only comes in the form of Hitler and Stalin and forget that prior to them, no-one thought they were the face of tyranny either.

    I fear grim, ugly times are ahead, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!