Thursday, May 24, 2018

On The Reading Of Other Blogs

One of my guilty pleasures in these days of hyper-activity is reading all of your blogs.

It usually happens around later in the evening, one of my last rituals just before I go to bed. I click over to see if I had any comments, and then start clicking through the updates since the last time I looked.

Some of my blogging friends no longer post, their last posts standing like mile markers along a lonely load.  I get it - blogs require an investment of time and energy, especially if (like most of us) one is doing this as a labor of love rather than as a financial generator.  But I am fortunate in that there others that post every day or every other day or every three days.

And so every evening I get to walk through other people's pastures and gardens and see parts of the country I will probably never get to and hear stories, little windows into the lives of others.  Sometimes I am encouraged, sometimes I am saddened - but I am always pleased to read of the lives of others.

And there are others, of course - some that for one reason or another I follow for the sheer joy of following although they are not necessarily on my list. Sometimes these turn out to be the gems - surprising things I never though possibly and sometimes things that make me shake my head.

So thanks to all of you that stick with it, who keep putting your writing out there, launching words into the blogosphere without ever knowing where they will land or what good they will do.  Take it from me - they are making an impact.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as
    I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
    My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would truly benefit
    from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very kind words, sir. Thank you on behalf of all us who try to post at least once daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed the Bananas Foster cheesecake as much as we did. ;-)
    Hope you all have a blessed Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:27 PM

    Ditto. They enlarge my life. Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure Anonymous! You are more than welcome to and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are quite welcome Reverend. I greatly benefit from the wisdom of y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the picture very much Linda! Oddly, I am not much for banana flavored sweets of any kind. Old banana issues from the time in second grade I threw up after eating one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are quite welcome Julia. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sorry to hear that, TB. If it helps, you don't really taste much banana because of the sauce, haha. I don't know why they call it banana, I just know it's good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!