Monday, May 21, 2018

2018 Spring Garden update

As you might remember, when we last left the garden it was fenced in but with a trio of lettuce and some garlic in place:


We had a planting event about two weeks ago - and we are growing!



Jalapeno (purchased, not from seed)  has some peppers on it already!


The lettuce is putting out flowers for seed heads and the garlic is falling over:


This year's volunteer - a pumpkin, I assume:


Beans and Black Eyed Peas (and the local help):

My Painted Corn is making a promising start:


Tomato plant has some flowers already.  Maybe I can get a few this year:


My two poor lime trees are trying to recover, along with some irises from Old Home that Poppy destroyed the planter on (but have come back nicely):


And finally, a mint plant I bought to go along the side of the house.  For some reason things seem to grow pretty well here without too much extra watering - so I hope it does well:


So far the progress of my sectioned off garden has been so good, I am considering sectioning off other parts of the yard as well for other self contained gardens.

3 comments:

  1. I have read that if you don't contain plants from the mint family, they can spread like weeds.
    Everything looks good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes comments shouldn't be done on a phone. Oh, gosh.
    I meant to say that everything looks good!
    No question about what you showed us. Hope you get a wonderful harvest this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh. No worries Linda, it has happened to me too on more than one occasion.

    Mint will spread like a weed, given enough water.

    I am hopeful for the corn at this point - but really, I am honestly always hopeful for the corn at this point. The sadness comes later.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!