Wednesday, July 02, 2014

A Long Pause

As you are reading this I am probably somewhere over the continental United States.  I am doing something that I have not done since I was laid off in 2009:  I am taking 2 weeks off from work.

A whole two weeks?

Yup, that is the way that it seems.

The activities are split up: a week at Old Home visiting in-laws and The Ranch, two days to recover, then four days performing Iaijutsu at a seminar with the head of my order.

I had original planned to go, come back and work, and then go again but then suddenly thought "Why would a ruin a perfectly good vacation by putting some work back into the middle of it.

I will have plenty to do, of course:  friends and family to see, places to go, even a little iai to practice.  And, as I have musing about the last few days, lots to think about.

I intend to continue writing during this time, but in the odd event that something is not here do not worry - I may merely be taking a breather in this moment of long pause.

After all, I do have a great deal to consider.

1 comment:

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!