Happy Thanksgiving 2012! In accordance with years past, here is my list of things that I am thankful for:
- My Family, both here in New Home and Away
- The Ravishing Mrs. TB, who continues to demonstrate that I really did marry up.
- That I am employed
- For our health (A large one this year, as many I know have not been so fortunate).
- For the completion of two books (not only a thankful, but a lifelong goal realized).
- For our church.
- For the fact we are able to send our children to the school we are able to.
- For mo naigheanan: Nighean Bhan, Nighean Gheal, and Nighean Dhonn. I am incredibly proud of my children.
- For iaido, which continues to teach me.
- That I was able to compete in two Highland Games this year without complete embarrassment.
- For our trip this year to the Happiest Place on Earth.
- And for my Lord, who continues to demonstrate patience to a man who surely never deserved it.
There is always a sense in my writing, I suppose, that things are always a little worse than they are. And surely they could always be a little better. But it is always good, from time to time, to take a step back and be grateful for all that really is going well in one's life.