Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday

Thursday are tough.

Thursday are the day of the week when everything seems to be against me.  My energy level has slowly sunk over the week as little by little, the sleep patterns that are disrupted have finally caught up with me.  The schedule and things I started to do on Monday are by Thursday a pile on the floor in front of me, seemingly scarcely able to be lifted.

Whatever is going on at work too often seems to have come to a head by today as well.  More often than not Thursday is the day where everything seems to come together to provoke one long string of meetings and questions that need to be answered, scarcely allowing for any actual work to be done.

And the great thing about Thursday is it simply has nothing about it.  It doesn't have the benefit of middle of the week with half already gone - in fact, it painfully reminds me that there is still one more day until the weekend.  It is not Monday with the weekend just behind nor Tuesday with some leftover weekend joy and energy - and it is certainly not Friday with promise of relief soon to come.

I'd love to say - and I'd even more love to demonstrate - that either these are random occurrences and there is no ultimate plot by Thursdays against my sanity and my body but I struggle to come up with one.   The problem is that I never seem to be able to come up with any evidence that this is not the case.

The better question - the wiser question - is what to do about it.  What can I do to make my energy level last through the week?  What can I do to make Thursday a day more like any other in the week, a day that is simply one more that I work through?

I wish I knew.  My sleep pattern work during the week has been irregular at best, with little or no overall improvement to the process (can we discuss sleep as a process)?  Work remains outside of my control as well - I control what I control, but there is often too little that I do control.

What's the solution?  Maybe nothing at all.  Maybe just a grudging acknowledgement that in the annals of days of the week, Thursday is the day directly or indirectly designed to attempt to break us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!