Thursday, October 28, 2010

An Opportunity?

I have an interview on Friday.

It's interesting in that it is back in Old State, but not in Old Home.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I of course want to do my very best. Current position is driving me nuts - I have now reached the point where I am double-booked during the day, yet somehow we are not suffering from a resourcing problem.

On the other hand, I simply am at a low point about this industry and my position in it. In so many ways, every day feels a little less relevant, a little more like flailing against the machine, a little less like my life is having a significant impact on anything. The thought of taking another job - even if it could be a long term step up, higher paying, and put me within range of family - is much less exciting than it might seem.

And there are so many reasons that I don't want to relocate. Na Clann have really taken to their school and the environment. The Ravishing Mrs TB has made connections personally and professionally. We have a good church. I like the beer and BBQ here.

I'll do my best, of course. At the same time, how do I reconcile a location I like but a job that I do not in a place where jobs in my industry seem scarce?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!