Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blah

This is the fifth time I have started to type something in this space.

I'm confused - or tired - or lonely - or maybe all three. Everyone else is back in Old Home at this point, so it is just me and the assorted menagerie as we make our way through next week.

My career confuses me this week. I commented yesterday that it feels like there is so much to be done that I don't know where to start, and even if I did I would have no sense that it would accomplish anything worthwhile.

I started to go through making a list of goals last night - specifically around financial goals - and the thought that spewed right back at me was "that's great to make these -how are you going to actuate them starting where you are?" And then I thought again of the big wall of goals on my wall, sighed, and carried on.

What I need, it seems, is a sense of hope. A sense of something to start with, some minor success that I can build on to help me grow in my confidence to solve larger problems.

What one minor thing can I make better today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!