Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fencing My Garden

So I fenced my garden in New Home this afternoon.

This is an admittance of sorts, a realization and affirmation that we are here for a while. I had planted a winter garden of course - I've become a gardening addict - but it was unfenced. The dog ran through it multiple times, undoubtedly knocking a few plants down. Still I waited, not wanting to admit the truth - that we are staying, at least for a time.

So I fenced it - ran the posts down we brought home from Old Home in December, and ran a 3 foot wire fence around the outside of it. When it was done, it looked more like a garden. I'm not sure what the magic of fencing is, but it works: I started with a place that I had planted some seeds this morning, I ended up with a garden.

But I ended up with more than a garden. I ended up with an affirmation that we are here, in the will of God at this time, somewhere other than where I expected. All from putting up a fence.

Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!