Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Missing A Link

There is a disconnect in my life between that which I seek to do and that which I seem capable of.

The manifestation of this occurs virtually every Monday.  When I leave for work coming off the weekend I feel enlivened and in charge of my life.  I have high hopes for what I will accomplish in the week and the direction that I am going to go.  When I return I am, more often that not bludgeoned into the ground by the seeming realities of my actual life.  By the time bed is reached I am no better than where I was the Friday before:  accepting the fact that for all of my dreaming and wishes, such a life is not for me.

In his book Coach Yourself To Win, Howard Guttman wants the reader to start with one intention, one thing which they deeply desire to change.  It can be anything that one wants - as significant as a career change or as simple as learning to cook - but it has to be something that is important to you, important enough that you will commit your intentions to do it.

But how does one commit to change an entire life?

This is the key I am missing.  I am not quite sure what to call it.  Is it having a vision?  Is it having drive?  Or is it some other thing, something that I cannot even see from where I am right now?

I really wish I knew.  All I do know is that I seem to be trapped on an endless loop, constantly coming back to the place I was before without any real sense of how to dismount and get on with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!