Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks 2010

A very Happy Thanksgiving day to one and all! It seemed appropriate that today (of all days) I should make a list of all the things that I have to be thankful for:

- The Ravishing Mrs. TB
- Na Clann (Nighean Gheal, Nighean Ban, Nighean Dhonn)
- The fact we have a house to live in
- The fact that I have a job when many people don't
- For Syrah the Mighty and the Rabbits
- My church
- Na Clann's school
- My family in Old Home
- That I was born an American
- For salvation and Christ's sacrifice for me
- For Iaido
- For the books that my shelves groan under
- For The Ranch
- For all my friends, including those that wander in and out of this blog: Otis and Buttercup, Bogha Frois, Uisdean Ruadh, Fear Beag and Fear Mor, Songbird, Le Quebecois, L'Acadien, Silverline, Cleasiche fionnadh, Lus a' Chrom Chinn - and those that don't populate the blog per se, but whose actions and thoughts influence what is written here.
- For losing my job: if I hadn't lost my job I would not have moved to New Home, and some of the changes which are percolating through the system might have never come to fruition.
- For the ability to write, and the dedication (for once) to stick it.
- And for you, gentle reader, for allowing me to share some part of my day and my life with you.

To you and yours, a happy New Home Thanksgiving greeting. May you remember what you truly have to give thanks for.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:08 AM

    There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working ,great job!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:03 PM

    I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:40 AM

    thanks amigo! great post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!