Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Little Change...

...will not, as the song says, do you good - or at least feel like it.

The last two week have been an amazing observation in self discomfort. Frankly put, I am out of sorts. I am physically feeling out of it, even though I have been getting far more sleep than I have in years.

I am spiritually feeling out of it - kind of like a fog that seems to come over me. The Word seems dead, and the heavens seem as brass. Motivating myself to prayer seems like a monumental effort, and once it is accomplished, I've nothing to say.

Intellectually, I'm scattered brained and bored. I can hardly keep my mind to a task, often overwhelmed by a feeling of futility.

I had no idea that change would create this much discomfort in my life.

And then I think "I"m a wimp. If only a job change causes this, what about the people who have real change in their lives?" Have I become so ingrained into my life that such a minor thing as a job change turns my world upside down?

2 comments:

  1. Been there. Done that. Bought a t-shirt. Sometimes I wonder if the journey IS the point...

    Anyway, good post. Keep digging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See my post from this morning (09/11/08). I know as a man I tend to put too much emphasis into my job as a my primary support instead of God. Perhaps I am reflecting the fact that a job is simply that, a job - not a personal salvation.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!