Monday, January 30, 2012

What to Write?

Trying to find something to write about this morning. For some reason, the words are really not flowing.

At least not on electronic paper. They're swirling around in my head, of course - big words, portentous words, words that mean things, words that betray the inner workings of my soul.

That's one of the problems of writing in a format like this. Sometimes the problem is simply that I don't really have anything to write about. Other times is I have too much to write about, or at least too much that is too sensitive to write about.

Sensitive? Or painful? It's not as if I should be worried about how the information is received. The people I do know that read this will already know the issues; the people that don't know me personally would not recognize me from anyone else walking down the street with issues.

It's a different sort of sharing, I suppose - not the random sharing of Facebook where the passing events of the day are shared (as my pastor pointed out, most Facebook accounts are Life as we would like it, not life as we are), but the sharing at one or two levels below, the sharing of emotions and feelings and goals.

How much does one communicate to others (even the unknown readers on the Internet)? Does there ever come that moment when you've communicated too much? Or is it even really possible to those who are interested?

Words swirling around in my head, like the residual ground swirl in my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!