Saturday, February 10, 2018

A Few Words From...Sepp Holzer

"The fact that I do not let myself be intimidated and do not stay quiet just to please people has given me reputation for being a ' rebel farmer'.  The fact that it is actually necessary to become a 'rebel' to run a farm in harmony with nature is really very sad.  The administrative system has become overgrown and nips any creative thought in the bud.  It the responsibility of those in power to fix these problems.

We have to make democracy our guiding principle instead of acting like lemmings and following the masses blindly, otherwise one day we will lose our democracy and our rights.  On my farm I have no problems with large populations of 'pests', because nature is perfect and keeps everything in balance.  I only wish that our administrative system could be regulated in a similar way, so that the bureaucracy does not push us to the breaking point and we are not punished for thinking creatively.  I think we all need to work to combat this unbearable situation and bring this 'bureaucratic overpopulation' back under normal levels."

- Sepp Holzer, Sepp Holzer's Permaculture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!