1) All the force in the world without the correct angle of the blade (hasuji) will not make a clean cut.
2) Be ready for change. A kata can change at any time because Soke changes it.
3) All things have combative application if only we know how to use them.
4) A defender that can attack is more dangerous than the attacker.
5) Small things make a great difference.
6) Form can be as importance as substance.
7) To truly understand something, teach it.
8) It easy to train as part of group. It is hard to train alone.
9) Faced with a longer weapon, you need not lose. Simply be quicker and get inside.
10) It is not enough to be effective. Be elegant