Monday, May 30, 2016

Iai Training

Today started the week of Iai training.

Oddly enough, this is not something I could have imagined doing before I started Iai.  A whole week of vacation spent, dedicated solely to the purpose of a hobby which brings me personal pleasure but seemingly does little else to advance my life.

What a luxury.

My legs are spent tonight of course; 5 hours of training plus an 8K run in the morning will do that to a person.  And the next 5 days promise to be much of the same.

Yet I welcome it.  For a week, all of the issues of my life, all of the problems and small time emergencies that consume so much of the waking part of my life, get to be pushed aside while I immerse myself in 430 years ago when the sword was king.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!