So here it is: the end of the year. How did we stack up?
Okay. Actually, perhaps better than expected. I got a lot of what I wanted to do this year done:
- Published two books (including one I had been holding for 5 years, putting off).
- Got my In-dojo certification for Iaijustu
- Ended my Highland Athletic Year in the top 250, which was an improvement - and successfully beat all of my previous records.
- Attended all of the Seminars for Iaijutsu
- Got out to see our family this year.
- Had a reasonably good year at work, including passing a number of important audits.
Ichiryo Gusoku: Here, I was not so successful. Singular success (with Nighean Donn): getting quail. Even though they are not producing eggs yet (hopefully they will), they are here and we have a local supplier. Everything else (with the exception of some cheese production and a surprisingly fine yield of peppers) remains the same.
What did not get done? New job - but that deserves perhaps a little more thought anyway. Greater financial progress - but again, that seems like it will pick up speed this year.
So on the whole, not a terribly unsuccessful year.
What is on the agenda for next year? I already have a listing of things I want to work on. I need to give more careful consideration to them, hone them more over the next two days to put some meat and objectives on them. I made successful progress on some of my goals. I need to understand more completely why.
But that is for later. For now, I am simply grateful that it was a good year. We end it healthy. We end it employed. We end it together.
And one cannot ask for a great deal more than that.