2) Prepare. Always wear something under you're kilt - you never know when momentum will take you down.
3) Sometimes the reward for doing something is doing the same thing, only with a heavier weight.
4) Kilts really are appropriate for any occasion.
5) When doing something, you will be most successful if using all of yourself. You cannot just muscle a weight to throw it; it takes your whole body.
6) It's about the competition, but it's just as much about encouraging those competing with you.
7) When heavy things start to fall, best to be out of the way.
8) Most often, the reason we can't do things is because we believe we can't do them. Try, and amaze yourself.
9) Balance - in caber and with life - is key.
10) There are only two groups: competitors and spectators. Be a competitor.