Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Thoughts On The New Year From Theodore Roosevelt

"I wish to preach, not the doctrine of ignoble ease, but the doctrine of the strenuous life, the life of toil and effort, of labor and strife; to preach that highest form of success which comes, not to the man who desires mere easy peace, but to the man who does not shrink from danger, from hardship, or from bitter toil, and who out of these wins the splendid ultimate triumph."
 - Theodore Roosevelt, 1899




HT:  The Art of Manliness

4 comments:

  1. Excellent & timely quote, and a wonderful graphic. I'd not seen that one before - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it not delightful Reverend? I have never seen it either - nor that particular quote. But it is a good one.

      Delete
  2. "Bully!" As I think he was quoted to say. I am definitely going to share this, even though I think it will go right over the heads of most libs.
    I thank you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a rather delightful quote. You are most welcome.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!