So I decided that I was going to make this year my year when I woke up this morning.
2015 was good. Did I do everything that I intended to do in the year? Not hardly. Did I do a lot to move me forward? Absolutely.
- Got professional certification
- Participated in Highland Athletics, including my first out of state game (which I performed credibly at).
- Took the Japanese Language Proficiency Test
- Opened up a new garden plot
- Continued to engage in Iai, including buying a nagniata
- Competed in an endurance race and successfully completed it
- Made the decision to change churches
- Published one book, wrote and published another (that makes seven total)
- Found a fantastic sensei for weight training
- For perhaps the first time in a long time, came up with a clear vision of what needs to happen for me to move to the next level
- And, as almost the last thing I did this year, found my old mission statement for my life which, upon looking at it, continues to be the mission.
So Huzzah indeed and well done. But I see this only as a launching pad for this year. I know what I have to do, I merely have to do it. I have a plan. I have the qualities I want to develop. I have the skills I need to prepare myself to move the next level or job or career.
And so as the final act of commitment - the proverbial "burning of the ships" - I claim this year for me. No turning back now.
The way is only forward.