Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A Slight Veer

As I thought through my objectives for the end of the year yesterday, I realized that there was one slight adjustment I needed to make to my plans: that of agreeing to put off any job search until the end of the year.

One of the key elements in my life which is creating stress for me at this time is my job - both from an "I don't really fit in this pigeonhole" category as well as the concept of "toxic work environment." The thought of abandoning any action on this front - to merely agree to continue to exist for a period of time without action - will in reality do nothing for my ongoing issues. In an attempt to bypass dealing with the problem, I will merely create an environment which will exacerbate the problem.

So I will continue to work on my goals (7 categories as suggested by Brian Tracy; one is already down) but I will equally attempt to move forward on my career search. To stop all action is to settle into mediocrity, and to become mediocre is to abandon all hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!