Saturday, June 27, 2026

Numbers And Views

 One of the ongoing "surprises" as someone who writes on Blogger is the rather vast difference between the views I am supposedly getting versus the actual views I see.  For example, here are today's (26 June) numbers:

And here, the grand all time total:


Wow!  Look at that climb starting 2025!  You would think at this rate, I would be some kind of award winning writer.  

Sadly, no.

Earlier this year, Google seemed to have a glitch whereby links to the most current post were offset by a day or two.  I could notice the difference:  unless I went out to "the usual suspects", I would not have known that they had updated their blogs.  Based on that impact, I started - as a lark - to track how my individual posts were doing.

I have about six weeks of data or so (I say "or so", as I did not remember to record the numbers every day).  Some interesting highlights:

1)  Generally, my "Open posts" (Monday/Friday/Saturday) an average 92 views.
2) Travel (Tuesday,/Wednesday) generates an average of 42 views.
3)  Haikus (Thursday) generate an average of 47 views.
4)  A Year Of Kindness (Sundays) generates an average of 70 views.

I do not know there is much to read into that, as (generally speaking) my travel posts have much less text and many more pictures.  What I do find interesting though is that big disconnect between a daily count on the post and a daily count of total views.  For example (again, at time of writing) the past 24 hours which had a crossed two posts has 96 post views, yet 12,375 views total.

It makes me wonder:  Who are these other 12, 279 people (or entities, I guess) that looked at my post in the last 24 hours?  What did they look at  (older things, apparently)?  Was I a better writer then or now?  Or is simply that I, like many others, are somehow caught in the crosshairs of spamming and scraping?

It is all just data, of course - except everyone that actually reads this blog.  You are who I get up in the morning to write for.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your continued support.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:29 AM

    Thank YOU, TB! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome. Writers want to be read; thank you for reading my musings.

      Delete
  2. Nylon127:31 AM

    Here's one live, breathing Homo Sapiens TB. Visit every day I do (the Yoda urge must I fight) to see what you've come up with so thanks for the work and sweat you expend.......:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nylon12. It is an unreasoning urge to post something daily, always made better when folks read it.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!