Saturday, May 02, 2026

A Walk On The Beach

 The rest of the pictures from our visit to the beach last weekend.





We were there at the height of low tide, so we got to see more than I have in the past of the tide pools.



The barnacles and mussels were amazing to me.  Some of them were so big!











There were multiple sea star sightings.  Really big ones, too.








8 comments:

  1. Nylon128:48 AM

    Great visuals TB, thanks for sharing but I kept looking for Charlton Heston on the beach...........:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Nylon12 - it was the perfect day.

      Sadly, the Statue of Liberty was nowhere to be seen...

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place for a walk. The kind of place that would seem to be soul re-setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, it is amazing. It is also somewhat good fortune that we have been twice this year and each time, the weather has been perfect.

      Delete
  3. When I visited that same stretch of coast some years back it was also at low tide and I was impressed with all the living things clinging to the rocks waiting on the tide to come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, different from the last time we were there, you cannot get closer in to the tide pools. That said, you can certainly see quite a bit even from the reduced viewing area.

      Delete
    2. Mostly for me, it is just seeing things that I have never seen before in all the times (maybe eight or nine times) I have been to the ocean. That was the first and only time I have been somewhere with rocks that are below water at high tide and well above water at low tide.

      Delete
    3. Ed, I am finding I enjoy the coast quite a bit. Having it so close is a luxury.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!