(Source)
Choosing kindness is a harder road than most think.
To choose kindness is to know that quite often, the actions will not be noticed. People may see the results of such actions, but they may not connect it to something that someone did to make that possible.
Sometimes your actions will be misinterpreted. Sometimes they will be outright questioned or mocked: "Why", the question will come, "would you do that for that person?"
I try to not pay attention to all of that - because I know in my own life I can see the footprints of kindness in my own life, sometimes decades after the actions were taken.
Keep on keeping on. Keep on being kind.

Kindness is a scalpel that cuts thru calloused hearts to the quick. It opens us to God's spiritual surgery.
ReplyDeleteAnon - and sometimes it does that simply through the fact that it catches us by surprise. Sometimes the most honest answers are the ones that come out in the moment when we cannot think about them.
DeleteFor some choosing kindness can become a habit, others.. it's a natural trait, for a few it's something to do to attract attention. How much does it cost to be kind TB?
ReplyDeleteNylon12, it generally costs nothing of course. Which is why it is so surprising that some seemed to feel. There is such a high price associated with it.
DeleteI think we can gradually improve ourselves enough to respond in the habit of kindness, but your advice is a point well taken. It's always a choice that we must not neglect.
ReplyDeleteLeigh, I often have to remind myself to be kind. Especially towards people who I do not often feel kindly about.
Delete