Monday, September 14, 2015

A Sudden Moment of Focus

And then the moment comes when you realize you want to move things to the next level.

I do not know that I have ever been conscious of this process before, at least not in the way I am this morning.  It seem likely, based on my immediate experience, that there is some sort trigger - some event, some encounter - that makes one suddenly decide, in an instant, that the time has come to move up.  To level up.

Suddenly things take on a new light.

Activities done in pursuit of this thing, whatever it is, are no longer just practiced for the sake of doing them.  Instead there is a purpose for them.  More does not always mean better.  It is the quality of what is being done and how it contributes to the final goal that becomes of importance.  Realistically this means a refocusing of time and effort on the activities that one is doing - not just the immediate ones of choice but all activities connected with it.  Time and effort need to come from somewhere else.

What is the result of all of this?  I do not know that I can fully tell as I have never been fully conscious of this process before.  There is certainly a sense about me that is different, something that has changed in the last 12 hours that was not there before.  A refocusing - I do not know any other way to say it - that empowers in a way that nothing else I have felt has ever done.

It is not that the goals were never there.  It is just that suddenly, one understands what one has to do to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!