Monday, May 04, 2015

On The Road Again

So today I journey out again, this time set for the Pacific Coast.  Hopefully my last work related trip of the year.

I have said it before - I really do not prefer to travel as much.  Sure, I like to go to The Ranch or to travel specifically to see family or friends or even to go to see something truly remarkable (a foreign country comes to mind) but traveling for the sake of traveling or especially business I find increasingly wearying.

Why?  Certainly not because of the expense - that's all covered.  It is the time - time away from here, time away from family, time away from my animals and my garden that need my time and energy far more than wherever I am traveling to.  Every day gone is a day that is something is not being planted or cared for or loved.  Iaijutsu is not being practiced (really - I do try to do open hand but it is never quite the same), throws are not being done (hotel weight rooms are never the same).  My life goes on hold - other than the ability to catch up on my reading, which I do enjoy (and seldom get to do).

It is for a good cause, of course - training - and will hopefully result in something beneficial career-wise down the road.  Still, the potential good outcomes (at least in my mind) outweigh the fact that I simply will not be where I belong.

Home is where the heart is - or in my case, home is where my life is.

2 comments:

  1. I know what ya mean time is my most precious resource especially this "Time" of the year. Being pulled 100 different ways and no time to get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Originally this class was scheduled for December much closer to home, which would have been ideal. Still, one goes when one must.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!