Tuesday, May 12, 2015

2001: A Posting Odyssey

So this is my 2001st post.

To be honest, I never anticipated making it this far.  That seems like a really large number, when I sit and think about it - true, it is spread out over 10 years (well, really 8 if you count the years that I have been seriously blogging) but it still seems remarkable to me.

Part of the fact of remarkableness is the fact that I have found something to write about 2000 times.  They are probably not always interesting, I will grant you.  Sometimes I go back and am shocked by the words that leap from the page - I certainly did not write those profound thoughts! Other times, I go back and simply shake my head at the fact that I posted that particular thing at all.

A large thank you goes to you all as well, the inhabitants of The FortyFive universe.  Some of you I have known for a very long time indeed; others I have met through this blog and your blogs that you have shared with me. I appreciate you spending your precious time here for a few minutes every so often:  the man that writes for no readers is nothing more than a note jotter.  My humble and sincere thanks.

What is up for the next 2000?  More of the same, I suspect.  Waves come and go and I find myself with different interests and issues.  The process of writing these entries helps ground me every day, even if it is only for a little while.  It has become a ritual, without which the day does not feel right.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support.


7 comments:

  1. wow! that is a lot of posts! and since meeting you, i have spent the time to go back through and read all of them from the beginning - i like to do that when i meet a new blogging friend - it provides insight into who the person is and their motivations are. so a sincere "wow" from me and a request that you keep up your ritual of writing. especially the haikus....i really enjoy those!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kymber! I am especially glad you like the Haikus. They are awfully fun to write and let me vary my postings. I am super glad I met you through the blog world (we shall thank Preppy for that)!

      Lhiats, TB

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration, TB. Your introflection inspires us to do the same, something too many of us are unwilling to do authentically, for fear of what we'll see. By bearing your soul in this public forum, you inspire the rest of us to find a way to do the same. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the very kind words. If that is what is being accomplished, then I have 100% succeeded in what I started out to do. That makes a very worthwhile endeavor.

      Delete
  3. Can kymber be my trench warmer in the 45 universe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After carefully consideration, I have elected her official chef of the 45 Universe. Her cooking talents and food pictures are far too valuable to be wasted on mere heat generation...

      Delete
    2. PP - i'll trench warm ya! with the *ss-kicking boots! my goodness you are such a "younger-brother-that-ya-just-want-to-slap-every-time-you-see-them"! i love you, i just can't remember why!

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!