Monday, April 06, 2015

Bluebonnets

These, my reading community, are bluebonnets:



They are annual occurrence here in New Home and symbolize, more than anything else, the coming of Spring.

Interestingly, prior to blooming they look like a weed, just like any other weed growing in fields or along the roadways.  Then, seemingly all at once, they burst out into bloom (if I would not managed to kill myself trying to stop and take a picture, I would).

For about 3 weeks they will be everywhere, then they will disappear almost as quickly as they came, leaving behind us the promise of next Spring and foreshadowing another long, hot summer.

2 comments:

  1. Ever see any bees working the blooms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly I have not Preppy, although that may be due to the fact that there are a dearth of bees in my area as opposed to they do not work them. I have seen a couple of Mason bees and honey bees around the Wisteria and Lavender. I would think this would be a bonanza for someone - maybe when I get bees.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!