Saturday, February 28, 2015

Too Much or Too Little

We are into ice this morning - ice that has caused the cancellation of some events and the delay of others.
I stuck my nose outside this morning and yes, yes it is cold.  According to the weather, it is 30 F outside right now.  It has been colder for sure, but it certainly feels much colder than it is.  We are, apparently, under a "Winter Storm Watch" until noon today with a mix of "Wintry Precipitation", whatever that means.

How remarkable for once this is a morning that I have little to do and  yet I am not anxious to be doing something. This is the opposite of problem of what I usually face:  having too much to do and too little time to do it in.

You think I would be reveling in this more.

I have these large swings in energy and activity, it seems, going from "I need to be about everything" to "I have the interest in doing very little even thought I have the time".  This makes it very difficult to accomplish anything of actual value, because one is sliding from one extreme to the other, making progress in spurts rather than a long steady drive in a direction.

Is it trying to do too much?  Possibly - this is always a potential consideration.  Or is it that I tend to substitute sleep for activity and tire myself out midweek?  Also a possibility.  Or can it be that simply will not decide on doing these things first and these things second because I do not want to lose the ability to do any of them?  That could be as well.  Or a combination of them all.

But the reality is this:  we are at the end of February and I am making very little process on anything at all.  And that is not a state of affairs that is either productive or can last.

2 comments:

  1. 30 is balmy up here. I can't wait for it to hit 30 again :)

    I think we are up to about 4 inches of snow so far and prolly gonna see another 2 or 3 before it's over.

    Snuggle in Winter has to end sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Preppy, I know. We are now into the drizzle, which makes it impossible to work outside tomorrow. I just have things to be about. I need to find more inside projects.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!