Friday, May 02, 2014

Book Number 5

I passed a milestone Monday that I failed to account for:  my fifth book is now published!

I am pretty excited, as much for the content as for other factors as well:
- This book was started on 01 November 2013 and published on 27 April 2014, a period of 6 months, which is almost a record for me (I conceivably could have done it in less time but I published another book in the mean time).
- It was by far one of the smoothest books I have written in terms of flow, although it hardly ended up where I expected it too.
- I already have sold some books! (Yay profit!)

It is the sort of thing that encourages one to write again.  All efforts should be like this.

And there are more efforts, of course.  One time I tried to explain to someone what it was like to write and have other ideas floating around in one's head:  "It is having a number of people in your head trying to talk to you as you say 'Wait, wait - I will get to you as soon as I can.'".  They are there in the back of my head, clamoring to get out.

And they seem to keep multiplying.  I have gone from the book I intended to write for Nanowrimo 2013 (which will go to Nanowrimo 2014 - but this time I will prepare) to that book plus a second one on Christianity to that one plus the one on Christianity to another one that popped into my head last week ("Hi, I am your new book that needs to be written.  You were not doing anything important, were you?").

I enjoy writing so much and find it an incredibly rewarding effort.  If only I could figure out a way to make a living at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!