Thursday, December 19, 2013

Work Dreams

I woke up this morning dreaming about work.

It was not the cool part of work either - it was a dream about me coming in afterwords to pull some items together for a study and then explaining the background of what I was doing to some other individuals.  There were visuals, music, even an experiment or two.

And then I woke up - only to realize that I actually still had to go to work this morning.

There is something fundamentally unfair about this.  It seems that this is one of the jokes of the mind that is just wrong.  The concept that somehow one would think about something in one's off time that one then immediately gets to get up and do is possibly one of the most depressing things I can think of.

Why not the other way?  Why can I never dream of something wonderful - and then wake up to find that I am actually going to do the wonderful thing?  Is it that I do not spend enough time thinking about it? (If that is the case, it will never happen as I scarcely spend lots of time at any point thinking about those such things.)

And maybe that is the point.  Maybe I need to spend more time thinking about better or more enjoyable things than work.  Because waking up to work after dreaming about work is hardly the way I want to spend my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!