Friday, November 01, 2013

Computer Frustration

I am having a computer morning.

We have two computers I write on:  one, an approximately 2008 HP; the other, a refurbished laptop that I have had for about two years now.  They are both in the process of frustrating me to no end at the moment.

The laptop becomes randomly slow at times - like this morning, even though I left it on sleep mode last night.  I "woke" it up this morning, and Windows decided that it was time to try and update the system. Ability to write:  almost zero.  I ended the function and tried again but apparently the system had become unstable at this point.  Computers 1, TB 0.

Off to the stand alone computer.  Start it up (this seems to go pretty fast).  Try to start up the Internet without being patient.  Hey look, the Internet is now slow.  Open three tabs at one time and if one of them is Facebook, everything stops working for a few minutes until it manages to find its purpose again.

All the time, irretrievable time is fleeing.

It bothers me, of course, because writing is now a part of morning routine, of my life. I do not like feeling frustrated with the amount of time that I have available to write. It impacts how I write and how deep I feel I can go.  And without depth, my writing becomes shallow and not what it could be.

Do I have a solution?  Not really, outside of a new computer.  Try starting the computer when I get up I suppose and give it plenty of time to get its arms around being up in the more. And learn a little more patience as well.

Electronics.  The bane and blessing of the modern writer's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!