Friday, July 06, 2012

Finished!

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life." - Proverbs 13:12

My book was uploaded for sale last night.

This is one of the most exhausted - and happiest - days of my life.  I'm happy for several reasons:

1)  I am finally a published author.  This is something I have been promising myself I would do for years and have been putting it into my annual goals for at least 7 years.  Now, it is done.

2)  I completed what I started out to do.  This is also something that I have not always been as successful in as I would like to or should have been.  Throughout my life lies the wreckage of half started projects, half dreamed dreams.  One has finally been completed.

3)  I am a writer.  This is one that makes me happiest of all.  I can legitimately call myself a writer.

4)  I found out that I can actually sit down and write a book, one that is coherent, with a point, and is something I can take pride in.  I have discovered that this is harder than I thought.
This has been a long process. I found the blog entry from December 2010 that set out the concepts which eventually made formed themselves into a book.  That's a long row to hoe - far longer than I would have initially anticipated, about 18 months or so.

Among all the other thanks that need to sprinkled about - Snowflake, Otis, An Fear Glice, The Ravishing Mrs. TB, Songbird, Bogha Frois,  and especially God - is the thanks I owe to you, the readers of this blog.  Indirectly you have made this all possible - I write daily as much because I know someone is reading as I do an expression of my soul.  This day by day exercise has enabled me to write on and press hard when I didn't feel like doing so.

What's next?  More books, of course - I realized as I finished this one I have another manuscript (long set aside) that I can work towards printing, and the next book in my series following the first book (already being written) and the one after that (in conceptual phase) and maybe the fantasy trilogy I've always wanted to write and the book about Rebuilding the Ruins from Haggai I have felt a prompting to write and oh yes, the idea I had last night at 3 AM that I had to get up and write down before I forgot it...
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!