Monday, August 29, 2011

Thinking New Normal

Starting to think in The New Normal.

Having just resigned our lease (and looking at the numbers), I am starting to think in terms of housing - specifically buying one. Given where we are (New Home), a house is much more affordable than anything we could have procured in Old Home for the same size and price.

But in thinking about is, I'm not just thinking in terms of things like number of bathrooms (although 2.5 is quite convenient) or bedrooms (we only really use three, but having four is a nice luxury) or living space (if we spend all our time in the "family room", why do I need a separate "living room" - can't it all be one room?). I'm thinking in terms of what else I really want to do.

Like sun access, which translates into a garden (bigger and better than the one I have right now). Or green area, which translates into some kind or poultry (Ducks? Reading a lot about ducks at the moment. And geese.). And what kind of space I have between myself and any potential neighbors (probably not lucky enough to have no neighbors, but maybe two instead of three?). And how much I can do in a smaller space, instead of how much space do I need or can I get.

It's adjusting to the New Normal. It's accepting we're where we are at the moment, and meshing my goals and dreams with what is possible at the moment. The later, we'll take later.

For now, I'd settle for a better garden space - and the promise it entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!