Friday, December 31, 2010

Thank You

In the midst of the Christmas and New Year's bustle, it occurred to me that I had not sent out the one thank you I needed to: to you, my readers.

This exercise was started (almost 5 years ago, if you can believe it) as a vehicle to write and find fame and fortune through the millions of people that would flock to my blog. Since that period of time I've lost one business, had four different jobs, and moved halfway across the US. Over time this has become less of an exercise of become fabulously wealthy and famous (I suppose in the sense that it's not anymore) and more of an exercise in self discovery and hopefully, thought provoking material (at times).

I know some of you. Others I don't. That's okay - either way I am truly flattered that you choose to spend part of a day with me as I have moved through my own journey - and hopefully will continue to do so for many more years.

In speaking with Silverline one time, I mentioned that for an author - for any author I think- the thought that one person - just one - is reading your writing and understands what you are trying to say - truly trying to say, in a deep way - is enough to keep one writing.

To you - to all of you - thank you for reading. It keeps me writing.

2 comments:

  1. I think we readers need to thank you for your continued writings and thoughts. I know I look forward each morning to the day's thoughts. I always leave the website with something to reflect upon; often I learn something new about you the writer or myself or my faith.
    I hope you continue to write for many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. If you are leaving with something to reflect on, then my wish is accomplished.

    I fully intend to stop blogging when they pry this keyboard from my cold, dead hands.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!