Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dip Ahead

One of the dips in the roller coaster ride raised its head yesterday: the exciting kind, where suddenly you find yourself staring straight down at a long line of tracks with no indication of when the tracks go back up again.

My first reaction, of course, is my typical reaction: become depressed, retreat, grumble. But this is certainly not compatible with what I proclaim, that God is in control of all the circumstances, and that I am to glorify Him - because the reality is that these things don't occur in a vacuum: even as on a roller coaster your fellow riders are watching you (well, maybe - they're probably watching the track), so those around me are watching me to see how I react. I proclaim I believe in an omnipotent God - do I act like I believe it?

Making God real to those around us is not only the case when we are in a good place, it's probably even more relevant when we are in places not so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!