Friday, February 05, 2010

Bonus

So something unusual happened yesterday: I got a bonus.

I could, of course, make all the usual complaints: it's not enough, I worked harder than this, etc. However, it's interesting to me because this is the first bonus I've received in two years.

Two years? Last year was due to the layoff - literally weeks before they would have been issued. You don't miss something until it's gone.

And it's good this year because I have a reason to be thankful for it: so many people have lost their jobs, so many are going without the additional compensation, and here in the midst of things, I got free money.

Sometimes we get so caught up in amounts and how we should feel when gratified that we fail to simply be thankful.

Thanks God!

2 comments:

  1. May I leave a comment?
    Congratulations!!!
    Are you interested in bushido?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment and the congratulations!

    Yes, I am interested in Bushido. I have been a fan of Japanese history for many years, but recently have taken up Iaido, which has peaked my interest. How about you?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!