Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Vague Feeling of Dread

I am finding myself dogged more and more (growing geometrically, it seems) with the sensation of being lost.

Lost? Separated to start with - both from family and church. Friends and family to the extent of not contacting them as much as I'd like due to the hours I'm working. A real sense of being somewhere without truly being in the place I am.

But even below all this, there is a definite sense of spiritual attack, of being set up like a target - the "antelope away from the rest of the herd" syndrome, where it's the separated animal that becomes the focus of predator attacks. No, fingers have not started writing on my mirror and the oatmeal has not talking to me in the morning. But there is a real sense that I am isolated and alone.

Perhaps this is God reminding me of the way things really are without Him all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!