Thursday, May 21, 2009

And Then It Happened

I sit here in front of the computer, having slept 9 of the last 48 hours, my mind sluggishly apprehending the events of the day.

The seemingly to now (Day 110) has happened: I got a job offer. Huzzah! I got a job offer in Austin, Texas. Huzzah!

Oh no!??

It's not as if I did not mentally prepare myself for this eventuality when I left here - in fact, I gave it great deal of thought before I left - if I was going to go to the interview, I would accept the job if it was offered. Still, I have the feeling as some of the 12th century Kievian princes must have as they saw the Mongol hordes pouring across the plains towards them.

Oh dear.

Suddenly, there is so much to be done, and not enough time, and how will this get arranged? Things to be packed, schedules to be arranged..and the house? What will we do about the house? And getting the rabbit and the cats to Texas?

What if? What if? What if?

And then I have to stop, take a really deep breath, and just say "Thank you God. Thank you for providing me with this opportunity. I certainly cannot see all the avenues that need to be pursued, but if this is of you, it will go forward regardless."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!