Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ready and Waiting

So we're ready for the bees. My father and I moved the bee yard (I guess I can say I have one of those now) from where it was, behind the upper pasture fence and under some trees, to out in front of the fence, in the sun. My hope is that removing them from under the trees will help to prevent some of the potential moth issues we've had in the past by not putting the bees directly under a resting place for the moths. We'll see. Mixed up syrup for feeding, got the other feeder sealed and ready.

It is still remarkably green at the Ranch, and the manzinita and buttercups are in bloom, so there is plenty of hope that there will be a strong nectar flow from Day one of their arrival.

Off to get the bees and install them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!