Monday, February 02, 2009

Dreams of Going Home

I had the most amazing dream last night.

I was having problems sleeping last night (probably something I with just have to learn to deal with), so it was one of the those in and out kind of nights where dreams are short and end abruptly.

In the dream, Uisdean Ruadh and I were at Tractor Supply Company buying a truck for him (ask me not why we were buying a truck at Tractor Supply Company. We just were). We were trying to decide on taking a class about sheep, and he was going to roll it into his truck payment, but the salesperson insisted that I pay for it (not as much on the loan, she said).

We left, and we drove off to what I believe was a Circuit City. It was depressing - the store was empty, they were selling off the fixtures. We looked about a bit, and then headed home, where (apparently) he dropped me off.

Once I reached home, my phone rang. I looked at the screen to see who was calling.

And it was Jesus.

(No, I don't remember the number or what it said. In the dream, I looked and I just knew from the little scrolling line that it was him).

I picked up the phone. "Hello?" I said somewhat hesitantly.

The voice on the other end had a drawl, something I'd associated with an Oklahoma accent. "Hi Terry. It's Jesus."

And then I started to cry.

He said "I love you. I know what you're doing - I know you've made mistakes. I know you're making one right now. But don't worry about that. It's time to come home. I'm coming to get you now." And then He hung up.

I hung up, and suddenly had a vision in my living room of a stage where people had suddenly disappeared, and the two remaining musicians were trying to carry on.

And then I was physically moving up through the front of my house, through the intersection of the entryway and the living room into the sky. As I went up out of the roof, I saw a gathering of light - everyone else, I suppose, going as well.

And then I woke up. With as great a feeling of God's presence and peace as I have ever felt, and with tears.

We always get what we need, just when we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!