Monday, January 05, 2009

Dream

I had one of those dreams last night, one of those puzzling ones that make you go "Huh, what did that mean?"

I was on the campus of my old Alma Mater. For some reason, it was a combination of dorm/library. I was looking for something - some secret thing, I'm not sure what. I knew it was there, but it was not anywhere I could get to. Someone with me - no idea who -walked in, through the dorm, and into some kind of passage through a room. Going through this room, and down a staircase, and into a library (books -what did you expect from me?), walls and walls of books.

We eventually emerged into the light, and apparently had broken something up - official looking folk, wandering about and going into the library.

And then I woke up.

I gave it not a lot of thought today until Am Polleanach noted "So you sound a little more cheerful in your posts. I think maybe you have resolved some issues somewhere deep in the old subconscious?" I hadn't thought about it that way, but it made sense: I had finally come to a conclusion about some goals, and all of a sudden it was like having pushed my way into a place that I had never been before - or at least couldn't find.

I think I did turn a corner - I'm not just conscious of what it is.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, we've noticed an upbeat tone to your writings too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't gloat. I hate it when you gloat. Especially Otis. He takes a particular glee in it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try living with the man!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!