Friday, September 05, 2008

Time keeps on slipping...

So this is the end of week two at my new job. I've made a discovery of sorts - that really, I don't have any more time.

Simply put, all the time there is is all the time there is. It is not necessarily a bad thing - it is just a fact.

Realistically put, there is only a finite amount anyone can do. We all work, we all have to sleep, we all have to spend time with the loved ones in our life. After all this, then, is the time we call "ours".

What I've found (and this will come as a shock to no-one who knows me) is that I was stealing time from myself - in my case, through lack of sleep. With the new job, I'm actually doing a little less time at work - 11 hours including commute - but I'm getting more time in sleep (a regular 7-7.5 hours). The thing I'm working on is not cheating my body of the rest or my family of the time that they need.

The upshot? I really don't have as much time as I felt I should have. Not my fault - a simple function of temporal actions.

So there is a finite limit to what I can do. Now I need to figure out, based on what God has given me to do and the talents/gifts He's blessed me with, what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!